Thursday, January 28, 2010

FREEZER COOKING DAYS I

I belong to a Freezer Cooking Group here in Jacksonville that I just love! We've been together a year now and below are pictures of what I brought home from our swap! There are normally 6 of us, we were 2 short this last month.


Chicken Stroganoff
Beef Stroganoff
Maple Glazed Stuffed Pork Loin
Beef Carnitas
Lasagna
Beef Stew
Bacon & Cheese Topped Chx Br
Cashew Chicken

Next month's selections are:

Sticky Chicky (the groups #1fav)
Chicken Pot Pie
Sweet & Sour Kielbasa(me)
Cheese Stuffed Shells
Turkey Burger Wraps
Chicken Stir Fry
Brown Sugar Glazd Pork Chops(me)
Tortellini Soup
Beef Barley Soup
Yankee Pot Roast

I am holding off on my 2 until I get a better deal on the meat, I refuse to pay more than 1.99 lb for most cuts of meat, and rarely do. In the meantime I have a few things I want to whip up this weekend!!

**10 LBS HAMBURGER**
From BJ's--90/10--2.99/lb. Broke my own rule, but hey, I need to dance on the edge once in a while!!

MMMMMMMEATBALLS
Much more flavorful than any other recipe I've found.

5 lbs hambuger
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup A-1 or Wostershire Sauce
1 tsp Basil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp onion powder

Mix all, form into one inch balls-put on foil lined cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool and freeze.

PIZZA MEATLOAF
For a sweet family in my church who seem to like it alot.

2 pounds ground beef

2 eggs, beaten
1 cup dry bread crumbs
.5 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Sauce
1 Can tomato soup
1/4 cup water
1 tsp oregano or italian seasoning
Topping
1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Mix all loaf ingredients together, then in separate bowl mix the sauce.  Add 2 tbsp of the sauce to the loaf ingred and put in 2 regular foil meatloaf pans or can shape and do one large one in a 9x13 or pan of your choice.I find the 2 foil mealtoaf pans cook out better. Wrap in saran wrap and foil. Put sauce and mozzerella in separate baggies and freeze all together.    Cook in 350 oven for 40 minutes. Top with remaining sauce and mozzerella and cook for additional 10 minutes.
Last 2 lbs of hamburger get browned for Rotel Dip or Lasagna or Tacos or............

CARAMEL FREEZER FRENCH TOAST
From 30 Day Gourmet and renamed by me. The french bread was on the WalMart 40% off rack, .60 cents each.

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 loaf french bread
5 eggs
1 and 1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanila

In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Heat and stir until melted together. Pour into the bottom of a 9”x13” pan. Slice the loaf of French bread into 1” thick slices. Lay the bread slices on the syrup mixture in the pan, using most (if not all) of the loaf. You may need to squeeze some pieces in, or cut a couple pieces to fill in the holes, but you should be able to use most of the loaf. In a blender, mix together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Slowly pour the milk mixture over top of the bread, being sure to cover all the bread. (The pan will not be ‘swimming’ in the milk mixture… the bread will soak all of it up.)

Freezing Directions:
Cover pan with foil or use Press-n-Seal brand wrapping. Or put pan in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.

Serving Directions:
Thaw. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and cut into serving-size pieces. Serve, syrup-side up, on a plate sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Tammy’s Comments: (author of this recipe)

This recipe was an immediate family favorite at my house! If you have a small family, divide the recipe into two 8”x8” pans instead of a 9”x13”. If you want to make this recipe fresh, without freezing it, make it the night before and let it sit in the ‘fridge overnight.

Livin In Paradise!!

Heather

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the idea for a freezer swap - I might try that with some of my friends soon.