Monday, December 07, 2009

CHRISTMAS BAKING DAY




Every year, we bake, then eat, then bake, then.....you get the point.

My mom came to Florida to spend time with us girls and above is some of the "fruits" ( I hate fruit) of our effort.

Every year growing up mom made about a dozen different cookies, the majority of which contained nuts so therefore I wouldn't touch them ( I hate nuts also). I refuse to put that much effort into it because....well, I'm selfish. If I'm going to make it, I better be able to eat it!

The hands down most requested family favorite is Poppyseed Loaves. They have a wonderful sugar glaze that is poured on while the loaves are still warm. I think my mom made 24 of these today, I can't be sure, we may have eaten one??

4 batches Peanut Butter Blossom dough to freezer to make into cookies later. 1 batch Peanut Butter Bon Bons. 1 batch of my great great grandmothers fudge, without nuts of course. 2 Batches Oreo Truffles, these are usually eaten with, or in place of, every meal, and one batch of Ginger Crinkle balls.

I have plans for 5 or 6 batches of chocolate chip cookie dough, puppy chow, rice crispy treats for Da Hubby, and a few more batches of Ginger Crinkle Cookies. Set your plans low I say, the neighbors will surely stuff me with their concoctions. At least I hope so.


I really need to brush my teeth.


Livin In Paradise!!

Heather

1 comment:

HML said...

Yummy!! Do you have the recipes for the bread and truffles you're making? Except for the oreo ones of course....

I'm so glad you've decided to get back to blogging.