Wednesday, December 23, 2009

CHRISTMAS FOOD!!

What does your Christmas Feast look like?? The full blown Ham/Roast and 20 side dishes?? Or is Pizza more your style, ordered of course.

It is variable at the Allen House. 20 plus years in Missouri at my in-laws the fare was the standard Ham for quite a long time. And I love it!! Ham Sandwiches CANNOT be beat!

It is no different here in Paradise. This year we travel down the road to my sister's house for, of course, Ham Sandwhiches (ham cooked courtesy of my BIL John who comes from a family of caterers and is something of a food snob, and can outcook me any day of the week).

APPETIZERS!! I could live on appetizers, Hours de Vours, "Horsey Doors" as we called them as kids. I will be cooking:






1. Rotel Dip (no brainer) for my beloved nephew Josh, with hamburger of course.

2. Sausage & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (for my dear annoying BIL) I hate shrooms.

3. Buffaloe Chicken Dip. My most requested appetizer. Recipe to follow

4. Cheese Ball- Shaped like a football no less

4. Sausage Balls-from freezer cooking group

5. Cocktail Meatballs in that grape jelly/chili sauce stuff.

I think thats enough. Maybe.

CHOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: