Sunday, January 30, 2011

CHICKEN & SOUP

But not Chicken Soup.

This weekend is about cooking it up!! Part of getting my Ducks In A Row this last month, is to start filling the freezer again. My grocery budget has taken a hit with increased food prices and decreased couponing, however I found BS Chicken Breasts at Walmart for $1.78lb and bought 20lbs over the last 2 weeks.



6 lbs went in unprocessed, 2lbs cooked/cubed and 2.5lbs cooked/shredded. Also baked up 7.5lbs of potatoes for Loaded Baked Potato Soup (with bacon) for Sunday, and a batch to take to a sweet gal in my Sunday School class who had a baby recently. The other 7.5 lbs of potatoes will become Twice Baked Potatoes and Hashbrowns for the freezer.

Chicken, Soup for the Soul I suppose. I enjoyed it:)

Heather

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Wow - what a great use of your potatoes! Now I'm craving potato soup! ;)